Since its inception in 2003, the James Fund has…
- Donated nearly 1,000,000 stuffed bears, bunnies and lambs to orphans and children in need around the world, communicating the love of Jesus and the good news of the gospel.
- Family Christian Stores® and The James Fund donated $100,000 to Feed the Children to help hurricane relief efforts in the Gulf States.
- Sponsored 77 mission trips enabling Family Christian Stores® employees, vendor partners and artists the experience of serving orphans and widows through hands-on ministry opportunities. There are 18 more mission trips scheduled for 2012.
- Funded and built a new boys’ dormitory at Casa Hogar Douglas, an orphanage in Monterrey, Mexico.
- Donated over $828,000 to adoption assistance agencies who offer grants to families seeking to adopt “forever” children. These funds have helped with over 300 children.
- Donated over $470,000 to build and support two teen homes in Back2Back Ministries’ Hope Program in Mexico. The Hope Program was born out of a desire to see orphaned teens move away from an institutional life and live in a home where they can grow academically, spiritually, and emotionally.
- Donated over $100,000 for the purchase and support of a new Children’s Home in Monterrey, Mexico for 22 beautiful orphans at La Tierra Prometida (the Promised Land).
- Monthly support totaling $139,000 given to Casa Hogar Manantial de Amor, an orphanage in Monterrey, Mexico to assist with their operating expenses.
- Family Christian Stores® and The James Fund donated over $130,000 to Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund for college grants and financial assistance to surviving children and spouses of our U.S. military service members who have lost their lives in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
- Since the inception of the James Fund in 2003, we have had a goal of helping Family Christian Stores employees adopt orphans. The James Fund makes matching grants available to eligible FCS employees for up to $5,000 per adoption and to immediate family members for up to $3,000 per adoption.
- We’ve had the pleasure of seeing hundreds of families choose adoption; choose to start orphan care ministries in their local churches; or personally engage in hands-on work with orphans in various parts of the world.